Thinking of buying a nest thermostat? Here are our top 7 favorite features of the nest that Ashley and I are using in our home.
Like us, most homes are very active. Each person can be on a different schedule. Rather than lock down the home thermostat (this is an option with a nest) let the nest expect your arrival and adjust the temperature for you.
1. The nest companion app works on iPhones and Android
As iPhone owners we can remotely access the wifi connected nest in our home. This is truly a priceless feature. These days this is expected. Nest delivers a very good user interface that is simple and powerful.
2. Nest learns your desired temps and creates a schedule.
3. Energy History is easily accessible in the app.
4. User option to set nest to AWAY or HOME remotely.
5. It's more than a thermostat. Its a multi sensor.
6. Nest app easily supports multiple learning thermostats as well as the all new Nest Protect.
If your home has two independent zones such as a first floor zone and second floor zone. Two nest learning thermostats may be used. They will each run independently of one another. Although they will share some data when useful. Like, the upstairs nest will know you are home in the nest on the first floor says you have walked by recently. That same communication is built into the nest protect.
7. Simply open the app on your way home and adjust the thermostat to the temperature you desire.
It's just so easy to use you will wonder why this product hasn't been in your home all your life. Nest with the app has blended seemly into our daily routine. Today is a hot day in Nevada and Ashley and I are in Boise celebrating her brothers graduation at BSU. Right now I am using nest to lower the temperature in out home. We set nest to Away with 82º as the safety high temperature. I just remembered that I am Growing Milkweed Plants in seed trays that are in the bath tub on the second floor. I adjusted nest to 79º because when it's over 80º the Milkweed Plants will grow to fast and become to tall and their stems get stringy. Nest just helped me by cooling off the growing plants in the heat of the afternoon.